10+ tips for a vacation in Greenville, SC
Falls Park on the Reedy River | Photo by Vanzeppelin Aerial for VisitGreenvilleSC
Itching for a vacation or need a break from hosting a big family gathering?
Maybe you are looking for a romantic weekend or to finally use it eventful Christmas present. Whatever your motivation, a vacation too Greenville, SC (home to GVL today) is one to look forward to the whole year.
At this time of year, Greenville looks more like it red-and-greenville. The busy downtown streets are decked out in Christmas decorations and filled with activities for the whole family to enjoy (think: ice skating + hot chocolate).
To help you plan, We made a list (and checked twice) of hotel recommendations + must-do vacation activities in Greenville, SC If you want to travel this season:
AC Hotel Greenville, 315 S Main St.
- Details: Just one block from downtown GVL iconic Falls Park, AC Hotel Greenville is right in the heart of the city center. Take a peek inside Main Street’s window displays as local retailers decorate their windows for the annual festival Main Street window decoration competition. ï¸
- Advantages: It’s about half a block from that United Community Bank Ice on Main. Lace up your ice skates and enjoy the holiday mood while you spin under the stars Ice on the Main (a mini replica of the Rockefeller Center) while warming up with hot chocolate, coffee + goodies. Pro tip: Buy your ticket in advance – $ 10 per adult, $ 8 for children ages 4 to 12. â¸
Greenville Marriott, One Parkway East
- Details: The hotel is right on the parkway that Greenville Marriott is ~ 20 minutes dated. removed Mauldin cultural center. Visit this month for theirs Beachin ‘Christmas, with live beach-style holiday music, a Christmas market, pictures with Santa, the annual tree lights and some fun extras to keep your spirits up.
- Advantages: Do you have pets? You don’t have to leave your furry family members at home for the vacation. You are welcome to the Greenville Marriott.
Do you need more options? We have put together more than 5 other vacation activities and hotels we think christmas love.
- Details: If a round of golf on Christmas morning sounds like the best present ever, You can book your stay here. Channel your inner Dustin Johnson in the Preserve at Verdae, a Championship golf course is right next to the resort.
- Advantages: There is an on-site restaurant with a Outside bar + fireplace for real chestnut-roast-on-the-open-fire vibes.
- Details: Wake up in your suite on Christmas morning and enjoy your coffee on one Balcony overlooking the downtown skyline or your premium room package with assorted Treats + Bevs.
- Advantages: Sizzling USDA Prime Steaks + Award Winning Wines are on the menu at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, while Rooftop restaurant and barUP on the Roof offers handmade cocktails, and local cuisine spectacular Views. Relax with a dip in the Salt water pool – the only indoor swimming pool in the city center.
- Details: Located off I-385, the Hilton Greenville is a ~ 10 minute drive from downtown and within walking distance of shops, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Advantages: If you’re in the city center, check out the Upcountry History Museum, which has a very happy exhibition; and the North Pole itself will be Jumping up in the nearby Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry. *
Comments are closed.