Disney Wish: Everything about Disney’s new cruise ship as a booking opening
Disney has announced new details on its upcoming fifth cruise ship, Disney Wish, which will host the first Disney attraction at sea. The AquaMouse ride is complemented on board by six pools, new fine-dining restaurants, an Aladdin musical, a fully enclosed sports arena, a Marvel superhero academy for kids and a Star Wars lounge for adults.
Here’s everything we know now about the Disney Wish cruise ship – which Disney calls its “Seaside Castle” – with bookings starting May 27th.
Disney’s first attraction at sea
The AquaMouse attraction will feature a new animated Mickey Mouse short called Scuba Scramble. A 760-foot water slide takes you around the upper deck and includes interactive water elements, audio, video, lighting, show scenes, and special effects. Disney says you’re going on an adventure to a mermaid lagoon.
Also on the upper deck:
- Toy Story Splash Zone
- Six pools
- Casual dining in the Mickey and Friends district.
Disney Wish cruise bookings and costs
Bookings are now possible, the maiden voyage is planned for June 9, 2022. The cost of a three-day cruise on Disney Wish to Nassau, Bahamas and Disney’s Castaway Cay starts at $ 2,115 for two guests in an indoor room. An ocean view room starts at $ 2,295, while a veranda room starts at $ 2,511.
A four-day cruise starts at $ 2,709 for an indoor room for two adults, $ 2,909 for an ocean view room, and $ 3,469 for a veranda room.
Disney’s greenest cruise ship runs on liquefied natural gas. It will leave Port Canaveral, Florida, but Disney has not yet said whether it will travel to Disney’s new island in the Bahamas.
The cruise ship room
The ship can accommodate 4,000 passengers, with the higher-priced options to showcase picture-book-inspired themes. The cabins are decorated according to fairy tale characters such as Cinderella and Ariel, with custom artwork. If you really want to have fun, reserve a two-story Royal Suite, which includes a spiral staircase and stained glass.
The most exclusive room on board the ship is the 1,966 square foot Wish Tower Suite, Disney, which was unveiled on May 14th, has four and a half bathrooms, dining room, wet bar and library. The two-story suite is decorated with custom art, props and sculptures.
Gourmet cuisine, lounges and restaurants
The new Disney cruise ship will offer three exclusive adult dining options inspired by Beauty and the Beast: The Rose Lounge; Palo Steakhouse with a Cogsworth-inspired theme; and Enchanté, with dishes created by Chef Arnaud Lallement with design elements inspired by Lumiere.
The Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge is another area for adults. The lounge, which looks like a luxurious spaceship, serves space drinks (we imagine these will be similar to the alcoholic drinks served)in Disneyland and Walt Disney World). It will show views from the “windows” showing Star Wars venues such as Tattooine, Batuu, and Mustafar.
Disney Wish will also have three new family restaurants:
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure that serves food with a Nordic influence and features character performances during the meal. The restaurant invites you to Anna and Kristoff’s engagement party.
- Worlds of Marvel, an interactive dining experience that features African dishes that represent Wakanda, Eastern European cuisine in homage to Sokovia, and dining outlets from New York City, where the Avengers are headquartered.
- 1923, themed as the 1920s Hollywood experience, depicting the heyday of Walt Disney, serving a California fusion menu.
Disney Wish activities for kids
As expected from a Disney vacation, there are several ways to keep the kids entertained. What’s new at Disney Wish as part of the Oceaneer Club for kids
- Marvel Superhero Academy: An Avengers headquarters on board
- Fairy Tale Hall: This area includes Belle’s library, Anna and Elsa’s summer house, and Rapunzel’s art class
- Imagineering courses where children can learn to design their own roller coaster
Shows and entertainment on the cruise ship
Two brand new shows are being developed, although Disney remains very closed to what these will contain for the time being. Here’s what we know:
- Fireworks at sea
- The Walt Disney Theater shows an Aladdin musical
- Luna: Described by Disney as day-to-night entertainment, this area will resemble an “enchanted fairytale village” with décor based on the Pixar short film La Luna
- Hero Zone: An active play area, it will be a fully enclosed and air-conditioned sports arena.