Lots of Egg Hunts happening this weekend – InkFreeNews.com
WARSAW – This weekend, numerous Easter activities will take place throughout Kosciusko County and the surrounding area.
Not only are there many events planned for Saturday April 16th, but some have been postponed to that date due to poor weather conditions on Saturday April 9th.
Here is the list:
- The Silver Lake Lions Club’s 38th Annual Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday, April 16 at 11 am on the grounds of the former Silver Lake School.
Five age groups can participate: 0-1; 2-3; 4-6; 7-9; and 10-sixth grade. Prizes will be awarded in each age group. Everyone should bring their own containers.
For more information, call (574) 265-3681.
- There will be an Easter Egg Hunt at Syracuse’s Lakeside Park on Saturday, April 16th.
The event is open to all children over the age of 10. Each age group has their own time to hunt for eggs. Children from 0 to 3 years old at 9:45 am, children from 4 to 6 years old at 10:30 am and children from 7 to 10 years old at 11:15 am
After the hunt, each child who brings back the eggs gets a treat. For each age group, three golden eggs will be hidden for a special prize. Don’t forget to bring an Easter basket for hunting.
New to the list
- The Salvation Army of Warsaw is giving out free Easter activity bags to children under 12 on Saturday 16 April.
The event will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (or while stocks last) at JB Furniture Parking Lot, 2102 E. Center St., Warsaw.
The bags contain a coloring book, toys and candy to celebrate the Easter holiday and are sponsored by The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary with proceeds from their annual nut sale.
See The Warsaw Salvation Army for more information Facebook site.
- The Kosciusko County Fair Board Easter Egg Hunt is scheduled for Saturday, April 16 at the Kosciusko County Fairgrounds.
Gates open at 12pm. The Easter Bunny will be hopping around and available for photos before and after the hunt, so parents should bring their cameras. This year there are 32,000 eggs with one chance to win per group.
Children should bring their own baskets.
They hunt at the following times, ages and locations:
- 1 p.m. 1-2 years on the middle;
- 1:10pm ages 3-5 on the basketball court;
- 1:20 p.m. 6-9 years in the track area;
- 1:30 p.m. 10-12 years in the hut area.
The North Webster Church of God is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 16 at 10 am at Camp Crosley, 165 EMS T2 Lane, North Webster.
There are over 18,000 eggs for kids to find. Admission begins at 9:30am
To reserve a seat, click here.
- Shepherd by the Lakes Lutheran Church, 7449 E. 1000N, Syracuse, will be hosting their annual Easter bag/candy gift in the church driveway on Saturday, April 16 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Children up to the age of 10 can participate.
From the previous list
- The Warsaw Evangelical Presbyterian Church is holding an Easter egg hunt open to the public on Saturday, April 16 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
It’s on the lawn of the Kosciusko County Courthouse. There will also be a bouncy castle and food from Shawnanigans Food Truck.
- The City-County Athletic Complex will hold its first Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 16th.
The event starts at 18:00 in the complex located at 3215 W. Old Road 30, Warsaw. Food, games and fun are also provided.
The group is also asking individuals and businesses for donations of coupons, money and gift certificates towards the hunt. To learn more about donating, call (574) 269-6663 or email [email protected].
- The Etna Green Lions Club is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at the Heritage Park on Saturday April 16th at 1pm.
- The Chamber of Commerce of Mentone is holding its Easter Egg Hunt at Mentzer Park in Mentone on Saturday 16 April at 10am.
The following age groups will hunt: ages 2-4; 5-7; and 8-10.
- The Milford Kiwanis Club is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at the Milford School on Saturday, April 16th.
The Easter Bunny arrives at 10:15am and the hunt begins at 10:30am. The hunt is for children through third grade.
The second annual Rabbit Grab-it, benefiting the Milford Food Bank, will be held on Saturday, April 16 at the Apostolic Christian Church, 201 N. Higbee St., Milford.
It includes an Easter egg hunt and a two-mile run/walk. The run/walk starts at 10:00 am followed by the egg hunt at 10:30 am
The egg hunt is open to children under 12; The cost is $15 per day. For the race, the cost at the event is $25. Prizes are awarded in multiple divisions for the race.
The Easter Bunny will also be there for photos.
- An Easter Egg Hunt begins Saturday, April 16 at 9 p.m. at the North Webster Ball Diamonds.
Kids will hunt hard-boiled eggs and money eggs, with $200 in cash being spent. There will be four age groups: toddlers, pre-school and kindergarten, grades 1 to 3 and grades 4 and 5. The age limit is 12 years.
- An Easter Egg Hunt open to the public will be held Saturday, April 16 at Harvest Community Church, 512 S. Seventh St., Pierceton.
At noon we play and do handicrafts, followed by the hunt at 1 p.m
- The Akron Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual Easter Egg Hunt at Pike Memorial Park on Saturday, April 16 from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm.
There are more than 6,000 eggs and prizes, a springtime petting zoo and Easter Bunny pictures. (People should bring their own camera for the photos.)
Children begin the age group hunt at the following times: 11:30am for ages 0-3; 11:35am for 4-6 year olds; 11:40 am for 7-9 years; and 11:45am for 10-12 year olds.
In the age group 0-3 years one adult may assist.
- The Nappanee Rotary Club is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 16 at 9:00 am at the Callander Sportsplex, 1655 Thompson Drive, Nappanee.
The hunt is divided into four age groups, with 9 years and younger being allowed to hunt. Girls’ and boys’ bikes will be raffled.
- The North Manchester Parks and Recreation Department is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at Warvel Park on Saturday 16 April at 10am.
Children hunt in the following age groups: toddlers; preschool and kindergarten; first and second class; third and fourth grade; and fifth and sixth grade. Children in their age group can queue on the sidewalk at Seventh Street and Market Street.
- An Easter Egg Hunt eggstravaganza is scheduled for Saturday, April 16 at Esterline Farms, 8324 W. SR 14, South Whitley.
There is a pancake breakfast from 9-11 am. The hunt begins at 11 a.m. The Easter bunny will also be on display, there will be a petting zoo, raffles and a silent auction, prizes and giveaways and photo opportunities.