Local museum with anniversary celebration
EVANSVILLE, Indiana (WEHT) — The Evansville Wartime Museum (EWM) is hosting a party on May 28. The museum celebrates its fifth birthday.
Here is a list of events planned for the celebration:
- 20-Minute Passenger Flights for Donations: Seven local pilots and planes offering 20-minute rides through Evansville for museum donations of at least $150 for an RC-3 Seabee and Staggerwing and at least $100 for the other aircraft. All aircraft can carry two adults and one child. The reservation and payment number is (812) 424-7461 and opens May 16th. The rides will take place on May 29th if the weather is bad on May 28th.
- WWII and Vietnam Living History Camp: A camp will be set up on the north side of the museum. The camp will include WWII handicrafts for children in addition to the soldiers of WW1 and Vietnam.
- General John “Black Jack” Pershing’s WWI limousine will be on hand.
- Live Music and Food: The EWM Grill will be open selling hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, fries and drinks.
- New Platform for Hoosier Spirit II: EWM features a metal platform that allows visitors to see inside the cockpit and wing of the Hoosier Spirit II.
The museum is located at 7503 Petersburger Strasse. Evansville, IN 47725. For more information, visit the museum’s Facebook page and https://www.evansvillewartimemuseum.org/.