WAC holds children’s auditions for “The Nutcracker”
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) – The Walton Arts Center announced that it will host auditions for the child actors in Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet production of ‘The Nutcracker’ next month.
According to a press release, the auditions will take place on September 18 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Starr Theater. The roles of Dieter, party kids, mounties, mice, angels, polar bears and reindeer are cast.
WAC Audition Notes, Children must meet the following requirements:
- Age: 7 to 15 years (as of December 31, 2022)
- Height: Dancers must be between 3′-8″ and 5′-3″ tall
- Dancewear for auditions
- Girls – Bodysuit (all solid color), tights, ballet slippers, hair in a neat bun and no jewellery
- Boys – White shirt/bodysuit, black shorts or tights, ballet slippers, groomed hair
- Children must be present when submitting the audition registration to verify height requirements and a recent photo is required to register for the audition. Headshots or school photos are acceptable.
- Children being cast must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to perform.
The rehearsal schedule looks like this:
- 1-2:15 p.m.: Registration for all auditions in the Starr Theater
- 2:30-3:45 p.m.: Auditions for children aged 7-8
- 4-5:45 p.m.: Auditions for children aged 9 and over
Tickets for performances of The Nutcracker on Friday 25th November at 7pm, Saturday 26th November at 2pm and 7pm and Sunday 27th November at 2pm at the Walton’s Baum Walker Hall Arts Centers are available now.
Prizes range from $20 to $53 plus fees and can be purchased in person at the Walton Arts Center box office, by phone at 479-443-5600, or at waltonartscenter.org.