Spartans Back Home hosts Santa Clara on Tuesday
|State of San Jose (18:18, 9:9 MW) vs. Santa Clara (18:15, 8:7 WCC)|
|When||Game 1: Tuesday April 19 | 6:05 p.m|
|Location||San Jose, California (Excite Ballpark) | tickets|
|TV shows and statistics||Mountain West Network | Live Stats|
|start pitchers||Game 1: LHP Mickey Thompson (1-2, 8.02 ERA) vs. RHP Blake Hammond (0-1, 4.63 ERA)|
|game notes||State of San Jose|
??| @CoachFlipSJSU do you fancy the home game against Santa Clara tomorrow??
– San Jose State Baseball (@SanJoseStateBSB) April 18, 2022
SAN JOSE, California – The San Jose State baseball team (18-18, 9-9 Mountain West) hosts local rivals Santa Clara (18-15, 8-7 WCC) for a single game Tuesday at 6:05 p.m. at Excite Ballpark. The game can be seen on the Mountain West Network.
- The Spartans are home for the first time since March 29 after completing an 11-game road trip
- second grader Charles McAdoo hits a team-best .372 and is second on the team with nine home runs, which is good for fourth in the Mountain West and a team with the best 36 RBIs, which is good for sixth in the MW, and third in the the conference is. McAdoo has scored in 31 of the Spartans’ 36 games this season and has been on base in every game, which is an SJSU-record 36 straight games
- Red shirt sophomore Robert Hamchuk had five goals against UNLV (4/14-16) and has scored in 28 games this season. Hamchuk is second in the Mountain West with 56 hits
- SJSU is second in the Mountain West Conference this season with 46 home runs
- Red shirt sophomore Hunter Dorraugh has 11 homers to lead the Spartans and ranks first in the Mountain West
- Red shirt sophomore Dalton bowling has hits in 21 of his last 25 games, including seven hits in her last series against UNLV (4/14-16) and has seven home runs, including the game home run against Santa Clara in the ninth inning (3/22). He came into the season on a career home run and is second on the team with his 28 RBIs this year
- Red shirt sophomore Brady Hill has seven saves this season, which is good for the tops at Mountain West
Next series: The Spartans host Nevada for a three-game series beginning Friday at 6:05 p.m. Tickets can be bought here.