Lander Middle School Hosting Parents/Teens Night and Community Talk
Fremont County School District #1 wants parents and youth to communicate openly about the dangers of marijuana use. Laura Stack, Founder and CEO of Johny’s Ambassadors, will hold an in-person seminar on this important topic on Thursday, September 15, 2002 at 6:15 pm at Lander Middle School
The objectives of the event are:
- Learn about the highly potent marijuana products used by today’s youth
- Discover the effects of THC on brain development in adolescents and teenagers
- Check out the results of legalizing medical marijuana for 18-year-olds in Colorado
- Understand how marijuana use in adolescents can lead to mental illness and psychosis
- Understand the connection between marijuana and youth suicide
It is recommended for those over the age of 18 as photos of marijuana and THC products are featured, or teens can attend with a parent.
According to the event site, Laura Stack was best known in the business world for her professional nickname, “The Productivity Pro.” Her 30-year career as a keynote speaker, best-selling author of eight productivity books, and company spokesperson came to an abrupt end on November 20, 2019, when her 19-year-old son Johnny died by suicide after becoming psychotic from dabbing high-THC marijuana concentrates. Salary. Laura responded by founding the non-profit organization Johnny’s Ambassadors to educate parents and teens about the dangers of today’s high-THC marijuana to adolescent brain development, mental illness and suicide.
To register for the event or for more information, please click here.