24 restaurant chains that offer senior discounts
Do you cook for fewer people these days? When the children grow up and move out, the family meals are left by the wayside. For some reason, cooking for one or two people just isn’t that fun and you’d rather dine out or order.
Of course, there is a fee to eat in the restaurant. In 2019, American households spent an average of $ 3,526 on groceries out of the home. For those with a steady income, the cost of eating is even harder to swallow.
To make it easier, we’ve put together several restaurant chains across the country that offer “senior” discounts. Many of these offers are available to guests aged 50 and over.
We recommend asking or calling your server beforehand to confirm promotions. Keep in mind that you may need to show ID or sign up for a loyalty program to be eligible.
The pancake house has a special menu over 55 that offers selected breakfast, lunch and dinner options at a lower price than the regular menu.
Check out Denny’s 55+ menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner at discounted prices. (Enter your zip code to view your local restaurant’s 55+ menu.) In some cases, the 55+ main course will save you more than $ 2. Prices and selection may vary depending on the location.
If you’re an AARP member, Denny’s can save you 15% on your entire check. (For more information on such offers, see the AARP Member Discounts section in this article.)
3. El Pollo Loco
At El Pollo Loco, guests aged 60 and over receive a 10% discount on their order. Ask the cashier about the quote before checking out. Note: The maximum discount value is $ 1.
Cicis offers discounts for seniors, military personnel, and large groups. However, discounts vary by location as most of the Cicis restaurants are privately owned. Ask your local Cicis about their special savings offers.
While there are no company-wide guidelines, some chili locations offer discounts for seniors, military personnel, and uniformed officers. Contact your local chili to find out if they’ll attend.
McDonald’s says certain franchise locations may offer special discounts for seniors. Contact your nearest McDonald’s store to find out more.
An Applebee spokesperson told Money Talks News that there is no national offer for seniors, but you can call your nearest Applebee for specific offers in that location.
8. Golden corral
Select Golden Corral locations have senior specials, so ask your nearest restaurant if they’ll participate. No matter where you live, additional savings and rewards are available when you sign up for the Good as Gold Club. Check the Seniors (60+) box to receive news and promotions that are relevant to you.
AARP member discounts
As soon as you are 50 years old, you can become a full AARP member. While there is an annual subscription, membership offers tons of discounts on everything from hotels to health services.
AARP has also partnered with over a dozen restaurants to offer exclusive member-only discounts. Below are those currently listed on the AARP website.
- Bonefish Grill: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co .: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Chart House: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Corner Bakery Cafe: 10% discount on your total check, excluding delivery orders
- Joe’s Crab Shack: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Landry’s Seafood: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Landry’s Inc. Restaurants (select brands): 10% off food and soft drinks
- McCormick & Schmick’s: 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Oceanaire Seafood Room: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Outback Steakhouse: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Rainforest Cafe: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
- Saltgrass Steak House: 10% discount on food and soft drinks
You may need to have your AARP card or membership number on hand to be eligible for these savings. Also note that discounts may not apply to delivery orders and some restaurants may be closed or operated at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions.
AMAC member discounts
Join the Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) after your 50th birthday to access exclusive coupons and discounts on food, travel, insurance, and more. Below you will find the current restaurant partners of AMAC, where you get up to 50% discount on a main course.
- Friendly’s: Three coupons available including a 50% discount on an adult main course when purchasing another main course.
- Long John Silver’s: Members 55 and over save 10 to 20% (discount varies depending on location).
- Papa John’s: Get 25% Off Regular Food Ordered Online.
AMAC members can also receive a $ 25 restaurant gift certificate from Restaurant.com for just $ 5.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, sometimes we get compensation when you click on links in our stories.